Many people are getting caught up in “going green” fad that is sweeping the nation, but do they actually know WHY it is important and how it affects their homes and health? Most can guess, but still so many have no idea of the SEVERE NEGATIVE EFFECTS of using chemical cleaners in your home.
Bleach is something most of us have grown up using all over our homes as a simple household cleaning agent, but think about what you are actually exposing you and your family to. For example, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Association) requires that employers must provide their employees who handle bleach with gloves and safety masks, yet we use bleach to clean all kinds of things in our home, including soaking children’s toys in it!
Did You Know:
• There is NO federal administration, like the FDA, to regulate the safety of household cleaners! Basically, that means that manufacturers can put just about whatever they want in their cleaning products, whatever gets the job done the cheapest… And that’s exactly what they do.
• Manufacturers of cleaning supplies are not required to tell consumers, or anyone, for that matter, what exactly is in their cleaners; they are protected by trademarks and copyrights!
• The Sanitation Department will NOT EVEN TAKE your full containers of cleaners because they are classified as HAZARDOUS MATERIALS!
• Bleach irritates eyes, skin, and the respiratory tract simply from inhalation, and whether it is mixed with anything else or not, it can cause pulmonary edema, vomiting, or coma if ingested.
• If you mix bleach with other household cleaning agents, a poisonous gas (chlorine gas) is released that can cause bloody noses, neurological disorders, headaches and even death! Not to mention Chlorine was among the first chemicals used in chemical warfare in the 2nd world war!
Here are Some Natural, Green Cleaning Solutions that I Use:
• Vinegar (you know this is one of my FAVORITES!)
• Hydrogen peroxide
• Baking soda
• Rubbing Alcohol
• Olive Oil
• Lemons/Lemon Juice
• Tee Tree Oil: Just keep in the jar it comes in (stored in my bathroom cabinet)
To read more about how you can use these natural cleaning agents, check out some of my other CLEANING TIPS!
Don't wait any longer. Contact Ultra Clean of Brevard today and we'll have your business, office, or vacation rental cleaned in no time. Cleaning services in Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Viera, Rockledge and surrounding Florida areas. Just give us a call at 321-868-0300 or 321-403-1761 and we can arrange convenient service for you.